Saturday 15 January 2011

The reason why.....


So, there was a time in my life when I worked full time and yet still had time to spend on my hair and make up,red lipstick and victory rolls, when I commuted nearly 3 and a half hours each day but still found time to put on an outfit each day, stockings, heels and matching underwear, a time when my free time was spent searching for vintage dresses at car boot sales, markets and on ebay. Then I got pregnant and all that changed! Vintage dresses and suspenders don't work too well with a big bump! Hours spent searching the internet for vintage bargains became hours spent researching pregnancy and the many side effects I was suffering from, child birth, child raising and sleep solutions; I searched shops for baby clothes and gadgets not heels and lipsticks!  I became obsessed with comfort and stretch in my clothing rather than corsetry and tailoring.
And then Edward arrived!


I thought about writing a diary for him to read when he grew up and for us to look back on as parents, see where we went right and what we might have changed, I never got it started and now suddenly Eddie is 16 weeks old. I was looking on the net for a rocking horse.....I really crave a vintage one for Edwards cowboy themed bedroom.....when I thought that maybe a blog might be a better way to diary Edwards first months, or years....that way friends and family, even those who aren't nearby can also keep up with Eddies adventures.

So here is Edwards blog...obviously we do most things together at the moment, he's a big boy but he still cant leave the house without me, so the blog will also touch on things that I might do as well! One of the things I'm really looking forward to is uploading images of Eddies outfits! While I still haven't returned to my corsets and vintage heels (I just about manage to pull on clean clothes each day) I do take great pride and have great fun dressing Edward each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment