Sunday 16 January 2011

A few of my favourite things...

I'm definitely no poet but last night I thought I'd write a post about my favourite things about Edward and this morning in the bath that I shared with him a few lines came to me...so I put them together to share...............

A few of my favourite things....

Some of my favouritest Edward type things 
Include the screwed up silly faces he makes when I sing.

The sweet secret smiles smiled only for me, 
When I go in to give him his last late night feed.

The folds and the creases in his perfect chubby thighs, 
The trust and the love looking back from his eyes

The crinkles and dimples in his peachy derriere,
The little bald patch at the back of his hair.

The quivering, quavering curled out bottom lip,
That I'm able to stop with a hug and a kiss.

So soft and so smooth the skin on his tummy,
The fact that one day I'll hear him say 'Mummy'.

The tiny little fingers on each of his hands,
Tightly curled round my fingers as he tries hard to stand.

The one pointy ear on the left of his head,
The one he likes stroked when I put him to bed.

The raise of his eyebrows, the questioning look,
When I sit down to read him my favourite book.

The soft chubby cheeks either side of his face,
And the fact that my arms is his favourite place.




Obviously I'm having a sentimental day.... I'm off for cuddles.....x















1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, wonderful ! Made me cry , you are such a beautiful fantastic mum x

    ReplyDelete